Friday, June 22, 2007

On a Train...


Typical thoughts when a person's on a train if they are idling. This song is penned between 19th - 21th june,partly inspired by music and lyrics' theme song sang by Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant - "Way Back Into Love" that became the company anthem for the past few days. It's been a while since i busked at the Orchard Tunnel so it was quite hard to sing along while strumming my guitar but nevertheless, i manage to record a raw demo version after a few hours. Anyway, this is almost the final cut of the music and lyrics of the song with only some minor errors,if any, to amend. Hope i don't sound too bad. Gotta record it with a proper guitar arrangment when my fingernails grow back.Hehe...


On a Train…

On a train I sat there wondering
Where my life would take me to
Hoping I would cross dream avenue
If I kept on dreaming too
Maybe lovers’ lane would’ve have come my way
If I waited in line too
But these Monday mornings on a train
They lead nowhere near a truce

Chorus:
(Can)Between my reality and (be)the way I want it to
Be my fantasy where my hopes and dreams come through
Would I be able to
Find my way into a dream come through

As I sat there staring at my shoes
And my mind’s searching for a clue
As to why I am stuck in angry Ville
Hating what I cannot feel
But I believe life have its good news
For those who face its truth
With this thought in my head on the morning train
For my heart to affirm my will

Repeat chorus

Bridge:
Waiting for the next
Destination of my faith
hoping there will be a gal
Who would hop on to this train
I would sing my songs
All those that belong
To her heart and hope that it
Would make her sing along

Chorus 2:
She would be my reality my hopes and dreams come through
Would I be able to love her deep and true
Would I be able to
Find my way into a love that’s true.

No comments: