Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Old compositions...

Alcohol, you are my best friend

Songs have the magic of encapsulating melancholic and elusive thoughts and feelings into a definite form to be reflected a upon. There are moments in life that trigger certain strong emotions good or bad that we find hard to let go. This song was inspired by my long time secondary school friend jiarong, lyrics taken from thoughts reflected in his blog entry. A simple song that was written to encapsulate his sadness, to be left behind so that he would be a much happier person.

Lyrics:

Night after night
when all is down
and the world is so dark
at this unearthly hour...
noone to call...
noone to talk to
i turn to my best friend...you

not because I love you but becoz you make me
forget who I am
living in this world
only numbness
reminds me of
how lonely we are inside

even for the night
I forget I am in pain
I Just need your warmth inside
To last me through the night


Download this song: http://www.pddesignstudio.com/blog/u_r_my_best_friend.mp3


Just a glimpse of his current blog: http://jr-at-sweden.blogspot.com/

No comments: